Monday, July 8, 2013

A Night in the Life of Ke$ha

Last night the whole group decided to go to a bar and then go out to club face. We had heard from the session 1 students that the club was a lot of fun and that girls also get free admission and drinks! (Score!) (Also any family reading this can't judge me for this because I am in Europe where I am of drinking age.) The bar that we all met up at was a little less than a good time. By being there, we were bringing down the average age of the customers by a long shot. There was a live singer who was good but her choices were karma chameleon and the likes. I finally ordered a Kypee black which i had wanted for weeks now. It is a seriously delicious, sugary, and Brazilian drink. They also gave us complimentary popcorn instead of peanuts (score!) 

After hanging out at this bar for a bit, we didn't want to stay at any longer so went to hit club. We couldn't yet got to club face because it didn't open until 3:30 am, so Hit club which opened earlier seemed like a good compromise. The place was nice but there was literally nobody in there. It was us and an older couple intensely making out and touching at the bar. We tried to make our own party but even that failed because the DJ's idea of dance music was a remix of Rihanna's stay. I mean, I love the song, but how could it ever pump you up? Manny, another student in a homestay, called his homestay brothers who are our age, and we met up with them a few roads away.

We went to a place that was obviously just for locals. It was awesome. It was this bar/cafe that I think should have been closed for the night, but some guys decided to hang out in later on. This place was on the upper level of the building, and when you walked up the stairs, there was this creepy mirror directly above you. It was so weird to see yourself upside down and all. It kind of felt like a funhouse. The place had a balcony where you could step out for fresh air (something that is really refreshing because every azorean smokes) and beyond the bar was a room with pool tables, darts, air hockey tables, fooze ball tables, and a boxing glove machine. Surrounding the room on all sides were glass cabinets filled with trophies after trophies after trophies. All the chairs of the tables were placed on top of the tables, indicating that the place should have been closed for the night. I feel like that during the day, they would have tournaments for all of these game tables. After spending some time here, it was finally time to make our way over to club face. 

I was super exhausted at this point and kind of wanted to call it a night, but I also really wanted to see
the club. I am super happy I powered through!!! The club was packed and had the best dance music ever. A lot of it was Portuguese songs with some American songs thrown in (all of which were only the top of the top American songs to dance to). The dancing music literally never stopped. One song rolled straight into another without even a three second break. They also never played any slow songs in the mix. I really broke it down as far as the dancing went. Haha gave it my all all night long. (Corinne, you'd be proud.) For some reason, the European men really
had it out for me (which I wasn't much of a fan of because I don't like dancing with strangers). If only American men were as interested as these Europeans seem to be (or interested at all...) Even though the main reasons they probably at all take any interest are 1) because I am American 2) because I am blonde and 3) because I am a dancing queen. Still, any attention is flattering (though also unwanted for longer than a song.) Overall, the night was so much fun! Never a dull moment. The only downfalls of the place were that everyone smokes cigarettes and I was burned by them twice (I still have a battle scar on one arm) and that it opens so late. My lifestyle can't handle this time schedule. I definitely want to go again some time, but I'm thinking that power napping  until 2 am is a necessity.

When we ended up leaving the club, it was 6:30 am, and we already had missed sunrise. I felt like I had just experienced a Kesha song in real life. Afterward, I got home reeking of smoke and went straight to bed. I didn't get up until 6 pm, catching up on any sleep I missed this week. Though I really want to go back to club face again, I also don't appreciate missing a good day to go to the beach or hike. It's all about striking that balance, I suppose!

In the six hours I've been up today, I've eaten another fantastic dinner, pretended to blog a lot more than I actually did, reexamined my class schedule for the fall since I am now premed again, did my laundry, and watched three episodes of grey's anatomy season 1 with Erica. Who wants to take a bet on how many seasons we can get through on my last three weeks here? ;) (Also three weeks is way too short. I'm having the time of my life.)

No comments:

Post a Comment